3-ON-3 - Male and Female Categories
1. Each team will play 2 games - top 8 teams will advance to a playoff round.
2. Playing time: 2-ten minute halves with a two minute half-time.
2. Clock runs continuously – only stops for injuries and score discrepancies.
3. Scoring is 3’s and 2’s.
4. Take everything back behind the 3-point line – includes turnovers and any other change of possession
5. No stalling – if a person holds the ball for more than 10 seconds it will be considered stalling. If the scorekeeper thinks a team is stalling a change of possession will be requested.
6. Call your own fouls – no fouls will be given by the opposing team – if there is a problem with foul calls both teams will be forced to forfeit.
7. Fouls on a shot will result in free throws – 2 for inside the 3 point line and 3 for outside the 3-point line.
8. After 7 team fouls there will be 1 free throw and retain possession.
Full Court – Male and Female Youth and Adult Categories
Each team will play 2 games - top 8 teams will advance to a playoff round.
All qualifying games will consist of two halves of 15 minutes ea. - running time. Overtime is 5 minutes running time.
All teams entering must have color-coordinated team t-shirts – numbers are optional however highly recommended jerseys with numbers (6") on the back.
Scoring would be conducted by the event organizer.
Players are to report to game sites at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled starting time. A team not ready after five (5) minutes of schedule start will result in a forfeited.
Team captains/coaches are responsible for informing all team members of playing times and court.
Timeouts: Two 60-second times outs per team, per half. They do not carry over. One time out per team per (5) five minute overtime periods. They do not carry over into extra overtime periods.
Free throws: Teams will shoot free throws on the 6th team foul.
Players will be ejected from the game on their 5th foul.
The game, 2nd half and all overtime periods will officially begin when the officials toss the game ball at center court for a jump ball.
All official’s judgments are final. Only misinterpretation of rules may be protested. All rule interpretation protests must be brought to the attention of the official, the other team captain and then the Organizer.
The officials shall have the power to make decisions on any points not specifically covered in the rules.
The officials shall penalize unsportsmanlike conduct by any player, coach, substitute, team attendant or team supporter.
The captain is the representative of his/her team and may address an official on matters of interpretation or to obtain essential info, if it is done in a courteous manner.
A substitute who desires to enter the game shall report to the scorer table. If entry is at any time other than between halves, the substitute must wait for a time out or a dead ball and can enter only after the scorer’s horn sounds and when recognized by the officials. Failure to comply will result in a technical foul.
Violations: The following violations will be enforced:
Player control foul
Five second rule
Kicking Ball (unintentional)
10 second rule
Back Court Violation
Delay of game
Out of bounds
Any moving or stationary violation which the officials deem illegal. Improper Alignment on a jump ball. Offense in the key for 3 seconds
18. No players may enter the free throw lane until the shooter has released the shot. Failure to comply will result in a violation:
Offensive - Ball is inbounded by opposing team
Defensive - Extra shot is attempted if the shooter fails to be successfu
19. All parts of the backboard are considered in play. When the ball comes in contact with a brace supporting the backboard it is a dead ball.
20. Any successful shot which is attempted by a player prior to an offensive foul is considered good.
21. Any time an offensive player attempts a shot by jumping straight up the defender must allow him space to come down.
22. The hand is not considered part of the ball.
23. A defensive player who is stationary is allowed to jump straight up to deter an offensive player but may not attempt any swinging motion of any sort. Compliance, offensive player is awarded an offensive foul; failure to comply, defensive player received a personal foul.
24. A potential rebounder may not back into any other player.
25. Rules and regulations may be amended or updated at any time to insure fair play.
26. Technical fouls will be considered as a personal foul.
27. Three point play - Three points will be awarded if a basked is made when the shot leaves the hand with both feet behind the green and/or white line arc. The feet may land inside the arc. If a foul is committed by the defense, 3 free throw attempts will be awarded.