AGREE and SIGN: Code of Conduct & Liability Disclosures
Code of Conduct
Athletes, players, coaches and managers must adhere to the following code of conduct, failure to comply may result in your revocation of your participation, disqualification or ejection from the Islamic Games.
Islamic Games is committed to making the Games a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, religion, disability or ethnicity. The Code of Conduct below outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Follow Islamic etiquette.
- Modest dress-code is in effect.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any participant.
- The venue for this Islamic Games is shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of the venue.
- Harassment may include: offensive verbal or electronic comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of program; inappropriate physical contact.
- Physical, verbal, or written, abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by the Islamic Games and its management, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or program site or materials.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
- Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by a participant, facilitator, volunteer, organizer, or venue staff.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the Games without warning and a ban on registering for future programs.
Treat staff, officials, participants and spectators with respect and courtesy.
Respect the rights, safety and dignity of staff, officials, participants and spectators.
Official rulings are final.
There will be a stoppage of play when the Adhan is called and play will resume after prayers are done.
There will be zero tolerance for abuse, harassment or discrimination during the Games. This includes the following:
- Abusive language to officials, staff, participants and spectators
- Harassment of any kind to officials, staff participants and spectators
- Aggressive behavior
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, Islamic Games Management may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the program without warning and a ban on registering for future Games.
Registration for and participation by yourself, your team, a player or an athletes confirms your acknowledgement, agreement, and understanding that:
There are certain risks of damages and injuries, including death, inherent in the competition, practice and play, and I am willing to assume these risks. These risks include but are not limited to those hazards associated with weather conditions, travel, playing conditions, equipment, and other participants.
The very nature of the Games is hazardous and risky, including but not limited to, the acts of running, jumping, stretching, sliding, diving, and collisions with other players and with stationary objects, all of which can cause serious injury or death to me and to other players.
Further, I agree that in consideration for the right to allow me as a participant in the Games and its activities and in consideration for permission to play and compete at the site arranged for by the organizers:
I do voluntarily elect to accept and solely assume all risks of injury incurred or suffered while practicing, competing or playing as a participant in the Games or while serving in a non-playing capacity as a team member or observer during practice or play by other players/participants while on or upon the premises of any and all of the fields, courts and facilities arranged for by the organizers.
In addition to giving my full consent for participation, I do hereby waive, release, discharge, and agree not to sue Islamic Games of North America, the venue and venue managers, their officials, employees and volunteers, first aid team or any person or entity connected with the Islamic Games for any claim, damages, costs including attorney’s fees, or cause of action which I may have in the future as a result of damages, injuries, including death, sustained or incurred by my participation from whatever cause including but not limited to the negligence, breach of contract or wrongful conduct of the parties hereby released.
I hereby certify that I am fully capable of participating in the designated sport, that I am healthy, and have no physical or mental disabilities or infirmities that would restrict full participation in these sports and activities.
I further agree that I shall hold harmless and fully indemnify the parties hereby released from any and all claims, damages, costs including attorney fees, and causes of action which may arise from any cause of action made by me, even if the damages, injuries or death are caused in whole or in part by any of the persons or entities hereby released.
I consent to being photographed or filmed and my photograph/video being posted on social media, ad campaigns and other marketing material usable by Islamic Games of North America now, during the Games and anytime in the future.